What is ISO 27001 Information Security Management System?
The ISO 27000 family of standards helps organizations keep information assets secure. Using this family of standards will help your organization manage the security of assets such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details or information entrusted to you by third parties. ISO/IEC 27001 is the best-known standard in the family providing requirements for an information security management system (ISMS).
An Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a systematic approach to managing sensitive company information so that it remains secure. It includes people, processes and IT systems by applying a risk management process. It can help small, medium and large businesses in any sector keep information assets secure.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001 Information Security Management System?
- Protect information (using employee training, well defined procedures and policies we minimize the possibility of information security breach)
- Show security credentials (show your customers that you care about confidentiality and security of data)
- Win and retain clients (clients would prefer you over other companies because you are more trustworthy)
- Reduce errors & costs (errors and costs will be reduced thanks to approved and well developed procedures)
- Measurable & scalable (security levels are measurable and scalable thanks to reporting systems)
- Increase profitability (being certified with ISO 27001 means that you have advantages compared to other companies either in public or private procurements)
For more information please consult the website www.iso.org, which is the official and most up-to-date source.