What do we mean by an integrated management system?
- Integrated means combined; putting all the internal management practices into one system but not as separate components.
- For these systems to be an integral part of the company’s management system there have to be linkages so that the boundaries between processes are seamless.
- An integrated management system (IMS) is a management system which integrates all components
of a business into one coherent system so as to enable the achievement of its purpose and mission.
Why should management systems be integrated?
- Be consistent within the organization.
- Improve internal and external communication.
- Avoid duplication and gain cost savings.
- Reduce risks.
- Expose conflicting objectives.
- Identify and rationalise conflicting responsibilities and relationships.
- Gain a structured balance of authority/power.
- Focus organization onto business goals.
- Create a formalisation of informal systems.
- Harmonise and optimise practices.
- Identify and facilitate staff training and development
Which Management Systems standards can be integrated?
- ISO 9001 (Quality Management)
- ISO 14001 (Environmental Management)
- OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health & Safety)
- ISO 27001 (Information Security)
- ISO 22000 (Food Safety)
- ISO20000 (IT Service Management)
- ISO 22000 (Food Safety Management)
What are the benefits of integrated management systems?
Meet all standard requirements with one set of policies and procedures
- Audit more than one system at a time to save money and resources
- Improve overall efficiency by removing the need to duplicate tasks
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities highlight common objectives
- Make it easier to continually improve all your management systems
How Systems can be integrated?
PAS 99 is the world’s first specification for integrated management systems. BSI has developed PAS 99 using the ISO guide for writing management system standards. The more management systems you have in place, the more your business will benefit. And now you can take the hard work out of managing more than one certified system at the same time. PAS 99 integrated management systems allows you to streamline the way you operate, align all common standard requirements and cut the cost of separate audits and administration.