Services from EQSC
OHSAS 18001:2007 ISO 45001:2018
What are OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001, Health and Safety Management Systems?
A new ISO standard, ISO 45001 for occupational health and safety management system, is published on 12 March 2018, which is envisaged to replace OHSAS 18001.
OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001, are international standards which set out the requirements for occupational health and safety management good practice, for organizations of any size. Both standards, provide guidance to help you design your own health and safety framework – allowing you to bring all relevant controls and processes into one management system.
OHSAS 18001 will cease to exist after 3 years of entry into force of ISO 450001. Organizations will have a three year transition period for the transition of their Managmeent Systemt from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001.
What are the benefits of OHSAS 18001/ ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management?
- Create the best possible working conditions across your organization
- Identify hazards and put in place controls to manage them
- Reduce workplace accidents and illness to cut related costs and downtime
- Engage and motivate staff with better, safer working conditions
- Demonstrate compliance to customers and suppliers